“Safety is for our family” are more than just words.
It is practiced 24/7, 365 days a year. Our number one responsibility is to keep our customers and team members safe and healthy. Nowhere is this more evident than in our daily operations. Every new employee actively participates in extensive safety training before stepping foot in the field and is rewarded for their true commitment to safe practices. Each week, Terracare Associates-TCA team members collaborate solely for this purpose – we take a proactive approach to mitigating unnecessary risk and job-site hazards.
Creating a culture of safety also requires an internal commitment from TCA at all levels. Our management gives safety the same importance as providing quality work, finding efficiencies and making a profit.
Examples of TCA’s safety practice include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Uniformed personnel with safety vests and a company logo, gloves, safety glasses and name badges worn at all times
- All personnel with regular training on safety Best Management Practices
- Proper traffic control measures
- Reporting and mitigating hazardous issues on an ongoing basis
Training – Training is the integral part of reaching safety goals. We believe it is our responsibility to continually educate and train our employees.
Some of the training accomplishments that we are most proud of are:
- 12,000 hours of team member training over the past year alone.
- Industry certifications, seminars, new hire and ongoing job training is central to what we do.
- More than 90 industry certifications bringing you expertise and knowledge base such as; Landscape Certified Manager, ISA Certified Arborist-TRAQ Certified, Rangeland & Aquatic Pest Control, Traffic Control Supervisor, Erosion Control Supervisor and Winter Maintenance Supervisor to name a few.
- Our Human Resources department takes an active role in making sure training is integrated across all levels of the organization.
- Training promotes innovation and elevates best practices.