At Terracare Associates, we are deeply committed to going above and beyond for the communities and cities we support. Throughout the year, we volunteer our expertise, time and skills through giving back to local nonprofits and community events. This month, as we celebrate Community Service Month as well as Earth Day (April 20) and Arbor Day (April 30), we’ll be donating our time, energy, and resources for several events and communities in California, Colorado, and Texas.
- Pleasant Hill Community Center, Pleasant Hill – In early May, in support the City of Pleasant Hill, we’re beautifying the area by installing new plants and bark at the community center as well as at the entry to the park and pool.
- Montclair School of Academics and Enrichment, Denver Public Schools – On May 6, we’re constructing a hands-on learning garden for students and faculty to use as they learn about plants, biology, and more.
- Columbine High School Memorial, Littleton – We are honored to continue our annual spring cleaning tradition on April 15 for the memorial honoring all those who were touched by the events of April 20, 1999 at Columbine High School.
- Project C.U.R.E., Centennial – We’re teaming up CH2M and the City of Centennial on April 22 to host a plant sale fundraiser. All profits from sales will go to Project C.U.R.E., the largest provider of donated medical supplies and equipment to developing countries around the world.
- Grapevine Main Street Days, Grapevine – We’re lending a hand at the 32nd Annual Grapevine Days Arts & Crafts Festival from May 20-22. From helping manage event logistics to donating labor, we’re excited to extend our support again this year to the residents and businesses in the City of Grapevine as they enjoy the fun and activities!
- BOMA Adopt-A-Block, Dallas – We’re teaming up with BOMA’s Community Service Committee to lend a hand in re-finishing and beautifying homes on April 8. We’ll be scraping and painting houses, replacing rotten siding, install or replace storm doors and replacing porch flooring.
Are you getting involved in serving your community this month? We’d love to hear what you are doing in the comments section below.